Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Misery loves company..

I love my friends to death. And I don't know of any people more deserving of love than my friends. Lately though, I find myself so envious of the fact that so many of my friends are in or are starting relationships. I awoke this morning with a message from a friend mine stating that he had something really important to tell me. I messaged him back and was informed that the boy he liked had asked him out and that they were officially boyfriends. Of course, I was happy for him. He definitely deserves it. He's a great guy. But I found myself frustrated. I seem to be the one my friends always have to go to when they're really into someone and just want to spill about how much they like this person. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE that my friends can talk to me about this stuff, it lets me know that what I think matters. Except lately I just really don't care. I'm so frustrated with my lack of a love life that I'd much prefer my friend's be frustrated and lonely with me, instead of me being the only one. Call me selfish, but what can I say? Misery loves company..

JONATHAN!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. Don't feel too bad. I'm in pretty much the same boat as you except that I'm a year older and that all my friends are girls who aren't looking for dates or straight boys; plus, some of my friends are my age and getting married. I often find myself thinking the same things as you described in the post.

    ReplyDelete