Saturday, July 4, 2009

I know things could be much worse, but this summer is so not going as I'd hoped...

I love how all of my most recent post have something to do with me whining about being single. This one is no exception. 4th of July ended about an hour ago and honestly it really wasn't anything special. I started my day off by working. Gotta love the Kohl's shoe department. It's the best (in case you hadn't caught on, that was sarcasm.) While I was at work I got a text from a buddy of mine telling me was was going to be in town for a bit and wondered if I wanted to hang out after I'd got off work. Of course I did! Not only is he a great guy, but I'm totally crushing on him so any chance I get to hang out with him is a plus. Oh! And it's the same guy as mentioned in my last post. We'll call him Peter Parker from here on out. Once off work I rushed home, cleaned up, changed my clothes and got ready to leave. But before I was to meet up with him I had to stop and say hello to my family who was over to celebrate the 4th. Though I did feel bad that I wasn't going to stay very long, I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to hang out with Peter. I met up at Border's and when I got there he was looking oh-so-cute! He was there waiting for his boyfriend, who was at work across the street at the mall. I hate that he has a boyfriend. But what I hate even more is that I want Peter and his boyfriend to break up and Peter to come to me. It's so horrible to say because they really are a great couple and they really do love each other. It's just, I want Peter... Anyways, we hung out at the book store for a couple hours and then it was time to split. One thing you gotta know about me is, I'm a hugger. It's what I do. Him on the other hand, he does that whole straight-boy hug, where you shake hands then move in and tap backs. You know what one I'm talking about? Yea, I don't think I'll ever get that down. I can never remember what comes nexts. Anyways, so we said our goodbye's (he smelled really good btw, I'm not sure what type of cologne he uses but whatever it is, it's great) and it was on to my other friend's house for the night. I wish somebody would have told me that'd I was going to be the only single person there because then I could have at least invited someone to make me look less as pathetic as I felt. There were about 4 or 5 couples there, all being lovey dovey because when you're dating someone it's a rule that you must show everyone exaclty how much in love you are. puke. We lit off some fireworks and out of everyone, I of course end up being the one who gets shot in the neck by flying debris. After that I spent the majority of my night thinking about Peter and pretending that I was texting someone, so people wouldn't think I was some patheic loser who couldn't get a date. I really should just suck it up and quit it with the whining, I mean, I know things could be much worse, but this summer is so not going as I'd hoped...

3 comments:

  1. :D I love your blog already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you need to eliminate Peter's Mary Jane. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't do that. If Peter and his bf ever split up he'd be devastated and I don't think I could take seeing him hurt like that.

    ReplyDelete